Shasta Sargents Ridge Coordination

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 
  • 03/29/2019 1:34 PM
    Reply # 7251640 on 7235284
    MF is saying W to NW winds on the tail end of the ~11 inches of new snowfall over Monday/Tuesday. In my understanding of AVI risk this puts us on the ~SE to SW side of the mountain at risk for wind loading deposits if the snow is being transported. The interesting portion is the switch Monday night from SE to NW winds that I think we should watch out for.

    Thoughts?
    Last modified: 03/29/2019 1:36 PM | Anonymous member
  • 03/29/2019 1:55 PM
    Reply # 7251682 on 7235284

    I hate to admit it, but I'm looking at this forecast thinking "that could be rough..."

    If we do scrub this, is there any chance we could double team the Casaval Ridge climb?

    Last modified: 03/29/2019 2:28 PM | Anonymous member
  • 03/29/2019 3:59 PM
    Reply # 7251778 on 7235284
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Alright guys, Sargents is officially cancelled. Sorry about that. We can't just head up there expecting to make the most of our time and efforts. 

    We will reschedule in May, and will let the team know when we have that. Thank you for your understanding. Next time!

    D

  • 04/01/2019 11:27 AM
    Reply # 7255282 on 7235284

    Thank you everyone, it's a bummer but ultimately a good lesson of bailing early for safety. Looking forward to climbing with you all in May!

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 



www.mountainascent.org

connect@mountainascent.org

(916) 692-0005

Log in

Events

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software