Join MAA members at Lover's Leap Hogsback and/or East Wall crags for moderate traditional multi-pitch lead climbing. This is a classic, easy to reach location boasting many easy and moderate routes from 2-4 pitches. Trad lead climbing proficiency up to 5.8 required! ("Rock 5" / RCK 3.1). Loaner gear may be available. We have room for 2 teams of 2. Hope to have you out with us!
SCREENED EVENT: Please join the waitlist. Attendees will be selected based on skill proficiency and experience shown on MAA profile. Those registered will be notified by Thursday, June 20. Thank you!
What's happening: Multi-pitch trad climbing for the day at Hogsback and Lover's Leap East Wall, near Strawberry, CA
Where to meet: Meet 7:00 am at the Lover's Leap parking area, or 5:30 am at Starbucks 1860 Prairie City Rd #3a, Folsom, CA 95630 to carpool.
Event Leader: Roger Coss, (209) 815-3981, firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum / Maximum: 2/4
What to bring: harness, helmet, rock shoes, trad gear, belay device, 4 locking carabiners, cordellette, webbing, slings, prusik, jacket, food, water, approach shoes
Medical: If you have any medical conditions pertinent to your participation on this event, please inform the event leaders after registration.
Additional Info: parking is limited
- In order to register you must be a Base, Peak, or Apex member.
- Event leaders are experienced volunteers, but may not be certified guides.
- This event is free of charge. MAA receives no direct financial gain for organizing and supporting this event.
- Participant safety is our top priority. The itinerary described is the plan; however, circumstances beyond the leader's control may necessitate changes.
- The event begins and ends at the trailhead. MAA does not insure ridesharing or other travel arrangements and bears no responsibility for them. Carpooling, ride sharing, or anything similar is strictly a private arrangement among individuals.
- MAA event leaders carry communication devices and a medical kit; The primary event leader has current wilderness first aid and CPR training as well as MAA policy training.