Whitney Ice and Winter Ascent - Coordinate

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 12/19/2018 7:28 AM
    Message # 6966268
    Darren Shutt (Administrator)

    Hey attendees, let's use this space to coordinate carpooling to the Whitney Ice and Winter Ascent event January 9th - 13th. To kick things off I'll be coming down from the Sacramento area and have room for one.  

    Last modified: 12/20/2018 3:07 PM | Darren Shutt (Administrator)
  • 12/19/2018 5:10 PM
    Reply # 6967001 on 6966268
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Hi All,

    Not sure if anyone is coming from SoCal. But i'm driving up from San Diego mid-day Wednesday. I have room for 3 in a 2WD, so driving in a badly plowed whitney portal road might be interesting. Or I'm willing tag along with some one else. 

  • 01/02/2019 7:55 PM
    Reply # 6980978 on 6966268
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Just posting again to see if anyone is interested in carpooling from SoCal. 

  • 01/03/2019 11:56 AM
    Reply # 6982124 on 6966268

    I won't be able to leave before 3pm from SoCal. So, I can meetup by 91 and 15 intersection around 4/4:30 pm. If that suits you, then we can carpool.

    I can be reached at 9493948704.



  • 01/04/2019 5:26 PM
    Reply # 6984182 on 6966268
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Dang that’s a little late. Anyway you can leave a little earlier?

  • 01/06/2019 12:14 PM
    Reply # 6986068 on 6966268

    Unfortunately, I can't. I am working all day.

  • 01/06/2019 8:22 PM
    Reply # 6986513 on 6966268

    Quite a bit of snow over the weekend with more expected throughout the week.  Eastern Sierra avy advisory (which covers the area a bit north of Whitney) is currently at Considerable.  Anybody know if the conditions on Whitney are much different than those a bit North? The snowpack might settle a bit over the coming days, but if the forecasted snow continues we'd have to be pretty cautious. Are people planning to bring beacon/probe/shovel?

    What are the current thoughts on the go/no go/alternatives for this trip? On rain or shine? Too early to say?

  • 01/07/2019 11:29 AM
    Reply # 6987727 on 6966268
    Darren Shutt (Administrator)

    Hey Jared, all that was addressed in the recent update I sent this morning. See you all soon. 

  • 01/07/2019 6:05 PM
    Reply # 6988298 on 6966268
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Who's skiing?

    Who wants to carpool from Lake Tahoe?  I was thinking of leaving about noon from Incline Village.  

  • 01/08/2019 10:35 AM
    Reply # 6989368 on 6966268

    I'm planning to bring my skis, but the coverage is looking pretty thin, even after this past weekend's storm, so I'm not holding my breath for great skiing. Also hoping the persistent weak layer that's disrupting the snowpack further North isn't as big of a problem further South.

    I'll be coming from Southern Utah through Death Valley, so likely no carpooling for me.

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 

5209 Luce Ave. Suite A

McClellan, CA 95652

(916) 692-0005

Log in


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software