This date is tentative
Join MAA at Pyramid Peak to climb the south ridge via Rocky Creek trail. This is a scenic climb right to the top, with one of the largest elevation gains - 4,000'. This is a non-technical ascent, but still a challenging hike / scramble. Loaner gear may be available. We have room for 8. Hope to have you out with us!
What's happening: Pyramid Peak via the Rocky creek trail from Hwy 50 pullout, 6-8 miles, 4,000' elevation gain, plan for a full day
Where to meet: Strawberry Lodge
Event Leader: Aaron Howse
Minimum / Maximum: 2/8
What to bring: daypack, sturdy hikers/boots, poles, jacket, storm layers, food, water, 10 essentials
Bobcat's Adventure Sports: MAA Apex and Base members enjoy a significant retail discount on mountaineering, ice climbing, rock climbing, skiing, splitboarding, and backcountry clothing, equipment and gear, as well as consignment and rentals.
Medical: If you have any medical conditions pertinent to your participation on this event, please inform the event leaders after registration.
- In order to register you must be a Base or Apex member.
- Event leaders are experienced volunteers, but may not be certified guides.
- This event is free of charge. MAA receives no direct financial gain for organizing and supporting this event.
- Participant safety is our top priority. The itinerary described is the plan; however, circumstances beyond the leader's control may necessitate changes.
- The event begins and ends at the trailhead. MAA does not insure ridesharing or other travel arrangements and bears no responsibility for them. Carpooling, ride sharing, or anything similar is strictly a private arrangement among individuals.
- MAA event leaders carry communication devices and a medical kit; The primary event leader has current wilderness first aid and CPR training as well as MAA policy training.