Join MAA members at Bowman Lake for some top-rope cragging. This is a newer, less crowded, easy to reach location boasting many easy and moderate routes. All abilities welcome. Ideal attendees will know how to tie in and provide an adequate belay. Loaner gear may be available. We have room for 8. Hope to have you out with us!
What's happening: Top rope rock climbing for the day at Bowman Lake near Yuba Gap
Where to meet: Meet 8:00 am, turn off highway 20 onto Bowman Lake Road go 1.4 miles and cross bridge. Parking lot immediately after bridge will be meeting area.
Event Leader: Doug Harris
Minimum / Maximum: 2/8
What to bring: harness, helmet, rock shoes, belay device, a few carabiners and slings, jacket, food, water, approach shoes
Medical: If you have any medical conditions pertinent to your participation on this event, please inform the event leaders after registration.
Additional Info: parking is limited
- In order to register you must be a Base, Peak, or Apex member.
- Event leaders are experienced volunteers, but may not be certified guides.
- This event is free of charge. MAA receives no direct financial gain for organizing and supporting this event.
- Participant safety is our top priority. The itinerary described is the plan; however, circumstances beyond the leader's control may necessitate changes.
- The event begins and ends at the trailhead. MAA does not insure ridesharing or other travel arrangements and bears no responsibility for them. Carpooling, ride sharing, or anything similar is strictly a private arrangement among individuals.
- MAA event leaders carry communication devices and a medical kit; The primary event leader has current wilderness first aid and CPR training as well as MAA policy training.