Join MAA members for a classic Tahoe area peak hike. Donner Peak is a scenic rocky peak with views of the Donner Pass and Donner Lake area. Loaner gear may be available. We have room for 8. Hope to have you out with us!
What's happening: Hiking or snowshoeing up the west slopes of Donner Peak, elev. 7,056, near Truckee, CA. Approx. 1,000' gain from Sugarbowl.
Where to meet: Sugarbowl ski area upper parking lot
Event Leader: Kimberley Alvarez
Minimum / Maximum: 3,8
What to bring: Daypack, lunch, water, trekking poles, snowshoes, wicking layers, storm layers, headlamp.
Medical: If you have any medical conditions pertinent to your participation on this event, please inform the event leaders after registration.
- In order to register you must be a Base, Peak, or Apex member.
- Event leaders are experienced volunteers, but may not be certified guides.
- This event is free of charge. MAA receives no direct financial gain for organizing and supporting this event.
- Participant safety is our top priority. The itinerary described is the plan; however, circumstances beyond the leader's control may necessitate changes.
- The event begins and ends at the trailhead. MAA does not insure ridesharing or other travel arrangements and bears no responsibility for them. Carpooling, ride sharing, or anything similar is strictly a private arrangement among individuals.
- MAA event leaders carry communication devices and a medical kit; The primary event leader has current wilderness first aid and CPR training as well as MAA policy training.